SonicBirth v2 - alpha
SonicBirth v2 is currently in alpha stage. It should be considered unstable. This is a very early prototype, it will abort in case of errors, may not work at all for you, any documents you save might not be openable by the next alpha, etc... Use only for testing.
What it can do:
- export 32/64 bits standalone VST/AU plugins for Mac
- export 32 bits standalone VST plugins for Windows
- feedback loops are now sample based (which means recursive filters can now be implemented directly in sonicbirth, see lowpass)
A few notes:
- The delay element: its property length is in seconds, but the dl input is in samples.
- The comparators elements: inputs are left operand, right operand, true value, false value.
- Colored wires: grey is dead/inactive, black is live/active, and yellow is a feedback wire that add one sample of delay.
- Wire anchors: click to set/move, double-click to delete.
- You can save small circuits in ~/Documents/SonicBirth/Circuits/ using the 'Save selected circuit' menu item, and they will appear in the module list like other modules, upon relaunch (please share those!). Instances will be a reference and not a copy.
- Adsr element is best used within a midi multi note. a/d/r inputs are in samples, s input is linear 0 to 1.
There is a forum thread regarding this SonicBirth over at KVR Audio.